Colorado man diagnosed with 'popcorn lung' - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Colorado man diagnosed with 'popcorn lung'

A Colorado man who says he ate too much microwave popcorn for his own good -- is on his way to being a multimillionaire -- seven times over.

A jury awarded Wayne Watson more than seven million dollars after he came down with a condition known as popcorn lung.

Watson, who says he ate two bags of microwave popcorn a day for years, was diagnosed by doctors five years ago.

He sued King Scoopers claiming his lung damage was caused by inhaling the fumes of a compound used in butter flavored microwave popcorn.

The compound has now been removed but had been linked to lung problems for workers in plants that produce microwave popcorn.

Copyright 2012 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly