These chewy bars are perfect to stick into a lunch box, or to grab as a quick breakfast on the way out the door to school or work. Watch the video to see how easily Mama Steph mixes them up; they're so delicious!
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup dried cherries or other dried fruit (raisins, blueberries, etc.)
- ½ to 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or butter. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; and then spray the paper, too. (If you don't have parchment paper, just use foil, bars may just brown faster).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugars, egg, salt, and cinnamon until smooth. Add flour, oats, and cherries; fold in just until combined.
3. Spread batter corner-to-corner in prepared pan, smooth top, and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Using paper overhang, lift bars onto a cutting board; cut into 16 bars.
To store, keep in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 3 days.