Food Poisoning Costs TJC National Men's Golf Title

An unbelievable story out of Arizona at the NJCAA Division II Men's Golf National Championships. TJC entered Friday's final round in first place, poised to win their second straight national title. But, after eating at restaurant Thursday night, three of the players and the coach came down with a serious case of food poisoning. Two of those players, Trey McNeill and Greg McBain, were forced to withdraw because they were too sick. McNeill went to the hospital, and McBain passed out in the clubhouse and banged his head. Both are OK. But as a result, the Apaches had to withdraw from consideration for the team title. Stephen Knight was one of the three to continue on. After all, he entered the day two strokes off the lead for the individual title. The problem was, Stephen was the third player with food poisoning. But he wouldn't quit, despite throwing up after every shot he took. And believe it or not, he finished his round, shot a 73, and won the national title. Hats off to Stephen and the rest of his team. They represented East Texas well.