One taken to Dallas burn unit following trailer explosion - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

One taken to Dallas burn unit following trailer explosion

Posted: Updated:
PANOLA COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

Two people were injured after a propane gas explosion in their travel trailer early Monday morning.

According to authorities with the Panola County Sheriff's Office, Jimmy Armstrong and Tammy Herrington were injured after the travel trailer they were caught fire from a propane tank explosion around 4:30 a.m.

Beckville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Robert Fite said when Armstrong lit a cigarette the gas exploded pushing out the walls and door of the trailer. The small fire was put out by the occupants. The fire department put water on a few smoldering items.

The couple were transported to a Longview hospital. The father of the man injured in the explosion says his son has been taken to a burn unit at a Dallas hospital.

They lived in the trailer on land owned by Armstrong's father.

The cause is believed to be the cooking stove.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.