PELHAM, NH (WMUR/CNN) - Several people were hurt Tuesday when a batch of fireworks went off on the back deck of a home.
Officials say the house in Pelham, NH was filled with smoke when police and firefighters arrived.
There were 30 people in the home, out of whom nine were taken to the hospital.
Among the patients sent to the hospital, three were children.
Neighbors said the accident sounded like gunfire or a test for a fireworks show later in the evening.
Police said two of the children, ages 3 and 4, were severely hurt.
Neighbors said the owner of the home puts on a large fireworks display every Independence Day.
Copyright 2012 WMUR via CNN. All rights reserved.