2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk 1 large egg white 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla 1/8 teaspoon salt 3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1/2 to 1 cup Nutella M&M Speck-tacular Eggs (or other Easter candy)
Makes about 10 cookie nests.
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.
3. With a spoon, scoop up about 3 Tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird nest. Press down the center with your thumb.
4. Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and press your thumb down in the center of the nests again. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
5. Place about a tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each nest. Place 3 egg candies in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.
Send YOUR favorite recipe to MamaSteph@kltv.com; your recipe could be featured on our Where You Live sites!
Thursday, May 23 2013 10:57 PM EDT2013-05-24 02:57:54 GMT
The Rusk County Sheriff's Office is investigating a plane that crashed near East Texas Regional Airport in Gregg County Thursday evening.Sgt. David Roberts with the Rusk County Sheriff's Office tells KLTVMore >>
Authorities say pilot, who was alone onboard, did not suffer serious injuries.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 8:33 PM EDT2013-05-24 00:33:55 GMT
According to the Smith County Sheriff's Department, a body was found in a burned car on County Road 3101, which is Barber Road, in Smith County. We have a crew en route to the scene and will have moreMore >>
According to the Smith County Sheriff's Department, a body was found in a burned car on County Road 3101, which is Barber Road, in Smith County. More >>