Official: Longview Apt. fire sparked by misuse of smoking materi - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Official: Longview Apt. fire sparked by misuse of smoking materials

The Longview Fire Department has extinguished a fire at the Autumnwood Apartments in the 300 block of Lake Lamond.

The fire started before 7:00am in the bedroom of a second story apartment. Residents of the apartment block were evacuated for a short time while crews extinguished the fire, that was contained to the bedroom of the one apartment.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze by 7:50 am. No one was injured.

According to Longview fire officials, the fire was caused by misuse/mishandled smoking material.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly