Man dies after meth lab fire at nursing home - - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Man dies after meth lab fire at nursing home

ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) - Authorities in northeast Ohio have identified a man who died after a methamphetamine lab in a nursing home resident's room caused a fire that injured six more people.

The Cuyahoga (keye-uh-HOH'-guh) County Medical Examiner's Office says 31-year-old Shaun Warrens of Ashtabula died Monday.

The fire broke out the Sunday night at Park Haven Nursing Home in Ashtabula, east of Cleveland.

Three residents and two non-residents were hospitalized, including Warrens. It wasn't clear whether he had been staying at the nursing home.

No updates were available Tuesday on the conditions of the others who were hospitalized. Two more people were treated at the scene.

Police said charges were pending against two men who were burned, but they did not identify the men.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly