Tyler apartment fire started by cigarette butt - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

BREAKING NEWS

Tyler apartment fire started by cigarette butt

Posted: Updated:
TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

Emergency officials responding to a reported structure fire in Southeast Tyler on Friday.

Around 2:10 Friday afternoon, crews were called out to Fox Run Apartments, off Loop 323 in Tyler, to a structure fire where smoke was visible.

Officials on the scene said the fire started from a cigarette that was thrown from a second-story balcony.

The cigarette landed on a wood-railing of a patio below, and started a small fire.

Crews have extinguished the blaze.

There were no injuries or evacuations reported.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.