UPDATE: Owner of Queen Diva's salon is back in Tyler - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

UPDATE: Owner of Queen Diva's salon is back in Tyler


UPDATE 10:50 am: Carmel Foster, the owner of Queen Diva's salon in Tyler is back in Tyler, being booked into the Smith County Jail.

Monday, the court released a long list of items police collected during their search of a salon, where authorities say illegal breast enhancing injections were conducted.

The owner of Queen Diva's salon, Carmel Foster, is still in the Harrison County Jail facing charges for allegedly giving women the injections in the back room of her salon in north Tyler.

There are 42 different items listed in the warrant. The warrant says police found:

  • more than 60 needles and syringes of varying sizes
  • a package of Instant Krazy Glue
  • Loctite Super Glue gel
  • Gasket Maker Super Clear silicone
  • cotton balls
  • gauze squares
  • surgical tape
  • a bottle of Cyclobenzaprine

All of the items were found inside Queen Diva's Salon. That's where Carmel Foster is accused of practicing medicine without a license by giving back-room breast and bottom enhancing injections to East Texans.

Police say one of those procedures made a woman extremely ill.

"The victim in this case did seek breast augmentation and because of the treatment she received for that, from a non-licensed medical care provider, did cause her medical issues," says Tyler Police Major Crimes Detective Andy Erbaugh.

Among other things found in the salon were latex gloves, band aids and a jar containing an unknown substance.

As it's still unknown what exactly Foster was injecting into client's bodies, Tyler Police and the FDA are investigating.

"They have a resident in the Dallas area that's part of the FDA as a criminal investigator. He came down, met with our investigator and obtained a sample from what we secured in a search warrant from the business as well as the hospital where the victim is and that's been sent off," says Tyler Police Officer Don Martin.

Police say it could be a week until those tests come back and even longer until they find out what was going on behind Queen Diva's doors.

Good Shepherd Medical Center is not releasing updates on the condition of the victim who was hospitalized after receiving the suspected injections. We reached out to her family for an update, but they did not return our calls.

We've posted the entire search warrant, including everything that was found, online.

To read it, just click HERE.

Related stories:

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly