Couple escapes Longview house fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Couple escapes Longview house fire

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

Fire erupts at a Longview home, leaving an elderly couple scrambling to get to safety.

It happened around 5 Saturday evening as fire crews rushed to a home in the 1300 block of Dale street in Longview.

Crews worked quickly to gain control of the fire, which investigators believe may have been started by a clothes dryer.

The elderly residents were able to get out unharmed, but substantial fire and smoke damage was done to their home.

The Red Cross is assisting the couple at this time.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly