Fire damages house near Tyler fair grounds - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

BREAKING NEWS

Fire damages house near Tyler fair grounds

TYLER, TX (KLTV) -An early morning blaze heavily damages a Tyler home.

Fire crews were called to the scene of a working house fire on Sunnyside Drive off of Front Street near the fair grounds, shortly before 7:00 am.

According to a man living in the home, there are five people who live there, but only three were home at the time of the fire. Everyone got out of the house without injuries.

The fire was caused by an overloaded extention cord that was running underneath a bed in one of the bedrooms. The residents had a space heater and a TV running on that extention cord and it got overloaded and caught the bed on fire, according to Deputy Fire Marshal Tony Gumber.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly