Fire contained off old Old Omen Rd. in Tyler - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Fire contained off old Old Omen Rd. in Tyler

Crews responded to a house fire after a passerby noticed smoke coming from an unoccupied home in Tyler.

Officials say the home at Old Omen Road and Timberlane Drive was undergoing a remodel. They believe the fire was started by a space heater which ignited a five gallon paint bucket.

One room in the home was completely gutted by the fire.

No one was inside at the time.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly