Gas leak may have started Tyler house fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Gas leak may have started Tyler house fire

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Tyler Fire crews responded to the scene of a house fire in the 1,100 block of E. Houston Street in Tyler Tuesday morning.

Officials say a passerby saw smoke from the home and alerted authorities.

Authorities say no one is inside the home, but that a pet rabbit died in the fire.

The Tyler Fire Department says the fire originated under the house, possible due to a gas leak.

There was heavy fire damage to at least 3 rooms and the attic.  In addition, there was smoke damage throughout the house.    

We're told the family does have renters insurance.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly