Fire destroys Mineola family's home - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Fire destroys Mineola family's home

MINEOLA, TX (KLTV) - A morning fire has destroyed a Mineola family's home.

The fire broke out in the 800 block of Wren Street around10:00 am, Tuesday. The Mineola Fire Department was called to the scene after the homeowner returned home from walking the family pet to find the house on fire.

Firefighters and the homeowner believe that the fire was sparked by a curtain falling on a candle that the homeowner left burning in the bathroom while on his walk.

No one was injured in the fire. Although the outside of the mobile home is still standing, the inside is a complete loss.

The family has lived in the home for 12 years. They do have homeowners insurance.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

 

 

Powered by Frankly