Fire damages Smith Co. home - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

BREAKING NEWS

Fire damages Smith Co. home

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Numerous fire departments were called to the scene of a house fire northwest of Tyler, Monday afternoon.

A neighbor said that the owner of the home on County Road 4167 just off of Hwy 110 N. had just left to go to the store and get some coffee and doughnuts, when he came home his house was on fire.

The owner of the house and the neighbor tried to put the fire out with a garden hose, but it was more than they could handle, so fire crews were called to the scene.

The fire started somewhere around the chimney and spread to the garage.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly