• 2 pounds left over turkey diced
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
• 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
• 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 quart chicken stock
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 1/4 cup hot sauce
• 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
• chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a large Skillet over medium high heat. Add butter to pan and when melted, add flour, and stir to combine well. Continue to cook roux, stirring constantly, until a light chocolate brown, about 12 minutes.
Once the roux is light chocolate in color add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic and cook another 5 minutes. Add the stock, brown sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine well. Bring to a boil, and add you turkey and parsley and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Serve over rice sprinkled with parsley and enjoy!