Smoke temporarily closes Chick-fil-A in Tyler - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Smoke temporarily closes Chick-fil-A in Tyler

Photo Courtesy of Kayleigh Ussery Photo Courtesy of Kayleigh Ussery
Photo Courtesy of Kayleigh Ussery Photo Courtesy of Kayleigh Ussery

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Thursday evening, the Chick-fil-A restaurant on South Broadway in Tyler was temporarily closed due to smoke.

An employee noticed the dining room filling with smoke and called the fire department. When fire officials arrived on the scene, all persons had already been evacuated from the building.

Fire officials believe the smoke was coming from an "air handling unit" located on the roof of the building.

The restaurant has since been re-opened. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly