Fire Destroys Teenagers' Home - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

12/8/03 - Tyler

Fire Destroys Teenagers' Home

Two Tyler teenagers lose most of their belongings after a fire breaks out at their home. The fire started at a one-story garage apartment on North Fuller Ave. Sixteen-yearold Cecilia Verduzco, her infant, and the baby's 19-year-old father were not home at the time. Fire officials say a ruptured gas line in the wall was likely where the fire began. They say an electric heater left on while the tenants were out might have ignited the blaze.

"I was going to go to do laundry and I left the heater on. I didn't know it was going to cause a fire," said Verduzco.

Fire officials say this is an all-too common problem. They advise you to turn off any appliances, like a space heater, that might catch on fire when you're not home.

Julie Tam, reporting.

  • NewsMore>>

  • Pastor responds to Jeff Sessions bible reference: 'Love does no harm to a neighbor'

    Pastor responds to Jeff Sessions bible reference: 'Love does no harm to a neighbor'

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 7:36 PM EDT2018-06-19 23:36:56 GMT

    A Lufkin church is holding an event Wednesday morning where concerned members of the church can write letters to elected officials in protest of the immigration issue that's separating children from their parents.  “I don’t care if it’s Trump, Obama, Clinton, Carter, Eisenhower, Truman – I don’t care who started this policy, it is wrong,” said Mark Newton, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Lufkin. “We have an immigration prob...

    More >>

    A Lufkin church is holding an event Wednesday morning where concerned members of the church can write letters to elected officials in protest of the immigration issue that's separating children from their parents.  “I don’t care if it’s Trump, Obama, Clinton, Carter, Eisenhower, Truman – I don’t care who started this policy, it is wrong,” said Mark Newton, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Lufkin. “We have an immigration prob...

    More >>
  • SWEPCO: Power has been restored to all but 38 Longview area customers

    SWEPCO: Power has been restored to all but 38 Longview area customers

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 7:07 PM EDT2018-06-19 23:07:05 GMT

    The power is off at Longview City Hall because of an ongoing Southwestern Electric Power Com any outage that has affected 2,242 customers.

    More >>

    The power is off at Longview City Hall because of an ongoing Southwestern Electric Power Com any outage that has affected 2,242 customers.

    More >>
  • Homes needed for hundreds of animals dropped off at Longview shelter

    Homes needed for hundreds of animals dropped off at Longview shelter

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 7:03 PM EDT2018-06-19 23:03:44 GMT
    The Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center says it's "overrun" with animals after more than 400 pets were dropped off with them in the month of June alone (Source: KLTV)The Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center says it's "overrun" with animals after more than 400 pets were dropped off with them in the month of June alone (Source: KLTV)

    The Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center (LACAC) is "overrun" with animals, according to a shelter spokesperson, after more than 400 puppies, kittens, and other pets were dropped off in the month of June alone.

    More >>

    The Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center (LACAC) is "overrun" with animals, according to a shelter spokesperson, after more than 400 puppies, kittens, and other pets were dropped off in the month of June alone.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly