Tyler man loses home and pet cat in fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Tyler man loses home and pet cat in fire

SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - A man lost his home and his pet cat in a fire this Wednesday afternoon. It happened on Patton Lane in Tyler.

The homeowner says he left his house for just a few minutes to do some work for his neighbor. Moments later, he says he smelled smoke and that's when he realized his home of more than ten years was on fire.

"I thought it was leaves and I came over here, open the door and there was a fire on this side of the house. I tried to put it out with my water hose, but it re-ignited itself," said Raymon Stembridge, homeowner.

Raymon says he also lost his pet fish in Wednesday's fire. He says he's staying with a neighbor. He's not sure if he has homeowner's insurance.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly