1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
4 oz Monterrey Jack Cheese with peppers
2 oz sliced Jalapenos
4 slices of bacon (cut in ½)
½ cup flour
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp ground cumin seeds
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp granulated garlic
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• Mix flour and all spices and set aside for later use.
• Cut chicken into 1.5 oz to 2 oz medallions. Place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound flat to about ¼ inch.
• Cut cheese into ½ inch cubes.
• Lightly dredge chicken into flour mixture and lay on a flat work surface.
• Place one cube of cheese and two slices of jalapeno in the center of the chicken breast.
• Fold in the sides of the chicken and then roll.
• Wrap bacon around the chicken and secure with a tooth pick.
Place chicken on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place baking sheet on the center shelf of the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the internal temperature is 165 degrees and the bacon is crispy.