Tyler restaurant temporarily closed after fire scare - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

BREAKING NEWS

Tyler restaurant temporarily closed after fire scare

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - The Tyler fire department responded to a fire scare at Cheddars on S. Broadway around 12:10 this afternoon.

Authorities tell us the knob from one of the stoves came off and flames shot out of the appliance causing the one of the sprinklers in the kitchen to go off.

Emergency personnel evacuated the restaurant as a precautionary measure.

They have temporarily closed the restaurant to clean up the water in the kitchen and for health inspectors to inspect the kitchen facilities.

Restaurant officials are hoping the restaurant will be back open by dinner time.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly