Longview daycare briefly evacuated because of gas odor - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Longview daycare briefly evacuated because of gas odor

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - A Longview daycare was evacuated briefly because of a gas odor.

Fire crews and HAZMAT arrived around 8:00 am to the Longview Child Development Center at 1200 S. High St.

Workers said they smelled gas before evacuating children to a nearby playground and calling authorities. Fire Marshal, Johnny Zachary says they found the pilot lights had gone out on the daycare stove causing the gas odor.

They believe it was a brief interruption of gas to the stove that caused the pilots to go out.

No injuries were reported and children were allowed to return to the building a half hour later.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly