Backhoe causes electrical fire at TJC's Wise Auditorium - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Backhoe causes electrical fire at TJC's Wise Auditorium

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Six Tyler Fire trucks responded to a two-alarm call at TJC's Wise Auditorium on Tuesday afternoon.

According to officials on the scene, crews were working outside when a backhoe struck an electrical line, causing a spark at the junction box in the basement of the auditorium which started a flash-fire.

Several areas of the auditorium filled with smoke.

No students were in the building, and no injuries have been reported.

Fire officials had the incident controlled by 2:25 pm.

Just over a week ago, crews working outside of TJC's Pirtle Technology building ruptured a gas line, prompting an afternoon-long evacuation of the building.


Related Stories:

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly