Longview man dies in fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Longview man dies in fire

Released by Johnny Zachary with Longview Fire Department on May 6, 2011:

At or around 6:09 PM the Longview Fire Department responded to 302 Lake Lamond Rd. to a fire involving Apartment 21.

The victim's daughter, who was near the porch of the apartment heard the smoke alarm sounding from inside the fire apartment. Once the door was opened she was unable to enter due to the smoke and heat of the flames.

On arrival of the Longview Fire Department, a quick rescue attempt was made and the fire was extinguished. 

The origin of the fire was the bed which the victim was medically confined to.

The combination of smoking material use in conjunction with medical oxygen contributed to fast flame growth in the area of the victim.

Justice of the Peace Lawson pronounced 52 y/o Larry Ardoin dead at the scene.  

The fire was confined to the room of origin; no other adjacent apartment units were damaged. Damage to fire apartment was approximately $3,000.

No other injuries to civilians or firefighters were reported.

 

Powered by Frankly