• ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 ½ cups pecan halves, toasted lightly, then coarsely chopped
• Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling on top
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line the inside of a 13-by-9-inch metal baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Lightly grease the foil.
2. Heat caramel sauce in a small saucepan until pourable. (Add a little milk if necessary to get a pourable consistency.) Remove from heat.
3. Put the chopped unsweetened chocolate and the butter into a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Melt over very low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, then eggs, vanilla and salt.
4. Stir in flour just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Spread batter in prepared pan. Pour the dulce de leche or caramel over the top of the brownie batter. Using the handle of a spatula or butter knife, swirl the dulce de leche gently into the brownie batter underneath. Do not mix them together completely, you should be able to see the swirling pattern on the top. Bake until center is just set, but not at all dry, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. (Refrigerate for easier cutting.)
6. To cut, lift brownies out of pan. Invert onto a cutting board and peel off foil. Cut with a large knife into small squares. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Note: These brownies can be made a couple days in advance. If made more than one day in advance, be sure to refrigerate them.
Sunday, May 19 2013 11:51 PM EDT2013-05-20 03:51:29 GMT
DPS officials confirm that one person is dead following an accident involving a motorcycle and an 18-wheeler .Authorities say the accident happened near the intersection of County Road 2142 and County RoadMore >>
DPS officials confirm that one person is dead following an accident involving a motorcycle and an 18-wheeler.More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 10:07 AM EDT2013-05-19 14:07:39 GMT
From the Tyler Police Department: TYLER, TX (KLTV) - On Saturday at approximately 8:50 p.m., police responded to a pedestrian accident that occurred in the 2300 block of West Erwin Street in Tyler. UponMore >>
The pedestrian was immediately transported to East Texas Medical Center with life threatening injuries, where he later died from his injuries.More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 12:56 PM EDT2013-05-19 16:56:47 GMT
The Nacogdoches Sheriff's Office was called out to the Ponderosa area Sunday morning around 2:30 AM to a party where an intoxicated Francisco Rivera had assaulted a party-goer.Police say 26-year-old RiveraMore >>
The Nacogdoches Sheriff's Office was called out to the Ponderosa area Sunday morning around 2:30 AM to a party where an intoxicated Francisco Rivera had assaulted a party-goer.More >>