A rude awakening for some residents in Rusk County Thursday morning. They had to be evacuated from their homes because of a natural gas leak. It happened around 4:30 at the Scan Drilling Well on CR 311 just south of Henderson. Workers were in the process of repairing a well when natural gas and salt water began to spew out. Five homes were evacuated. Those residents have been told they can come and go from their homes to get supplies. However, they are being put up in hotels by the drilling company. A spokesman with Scan Drill Incorporated, says they expect it will be two days before the well is capped off. In the meantime, they say there's no danger to the public. No one was injured during the ordeal.