A man died Monday night, setting up a ferris wheel for Tuesday's opening of the Gregg County fair. The Longview Fire Department believes the man was electrocuted around 7:30 p.m.. The power to the ferris wheel was immediately turned off by fair workers. The fire department says there was no immediate evidence of loose wires or arcing that could have caused the electrocution. The Longview Fire Department says a rescue like this, 40 to 50 feet off the ground, is extremely difficult. No word on the man's identity at this time. No one else was injured. The investigation into the accident will begin Tuesday by the Longview fire marshal and other city officials.