Somebody stop the shocks! - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Somebody stop the shocks!

By Layron Livingston - bio | email

WOOD COUNTY, TX (KLTV) – A Wood County family is experiencing a bizarre problem, that they've been dealing with for years now.

The White family lives just west of Mineola, on about 130 acres of land off CR 2880. The family says they can't say for certain what it is, or where it's coming from, but, they're convinced they're getting zapped, shocked, and burned by some sort of electric current in the air.

Mitchell showed KLTV the dark spots on his roof, he says it's the residue left behind by the "shocks." The family started taking still photos, too.

The family says they are getting burned when the currents hit them, normally about an inch or so, in width.

"It feels like a wasp has stung you," Mitchell exclaimed.

"My children and grandchildren are very important to me, and we have animals that live here… It's not right for them to live here and be hit with this stuff, and I just hope and pray that we will get some help with it," Louise White expressed.

The Whites kept a record of the letters and phone calls sent to State Reps, Congressmen, The EPA, and FCC about the problem.

Mitchell says at one point, inspectors with the State Health Department actually came out to the house, "Brought all their testing equipment out here and they tested for ionizing radiation." High energy radiation, but nothing was found.

Mitchell says he showed them foil he'd placed in the windows that had been burned through, allegedly from the shocks.

"'Uh-oh'… and I said what do you mean? And he said ‘this appears to be non-ionizing radiation," Mitchell recalls.

We learned that non-ionizing radiation comes from radio waves, and communication frequencies. Mitchell is convinced it has something to do with the nearly three dozen radio and cell phone towers he's mapped out around his home.

He says none of the agencies have yet to come and confirm, or shoot down, the theory.

"They will say to us, ‘well, why don't you just sell and move?' well what would you do? Sell it to someone else and them live here in it? That's not right," Louise exclaimed.

Mitchell says, "My hope is, is to get someone out here that can take a look and see what's going on."

We spoke to at least one The White's neighbors, who say he's experienced similar burns on his body.

The FDA says large amounts of Radio Frequency Energy, or radio waves, can heat tissue in certain parts of the body. But, it says further research needs to be done.

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly