The Texas Department of Health has reissued a list of precautions people can take to reduce the risk of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
1) Never leave anyone in a closed or parked car or truck during hot weather.
2) Drink plenty of fluids but stay away from sugar, alcohol, and caffeine
3) Stay indoors in an air conditioned room
4) if you don't have air conditioning open windows on the opposite sides of rooms for cross ventilation, and use fans to cool the room. if temperatures and humidity are extremely high, point fans out windows.
5) Eat more frequently but make sure they are well balanced meals.