Keeping warm cost one family their home - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Keeping warm cost one family their home

Posted: Updated:

By Bob Hallmark - bio | email
Posted by Elizabeth Thomas – email

MARSHALL, TX (KLTV) – The winter blast that hit us over the past few days had many East Texans just trying to keep their homes warm. In this case, keeping warm cost one family their home.

Authorities say a heater may have caused a home to erupt in flames Tuesday in Marshall.

Now, the mother of three small children is left to start over with nothing.

Nicki Williams, 26, got the call at 8:30 that her home was burning down.

A baseboard space heater is being blamed for starting the fire.

The inside of the old wood-framed home was scorched. Every piece of furniture, clothes, every keepsake is gone.

Only a few toys and a picture of her daughter were saved.

Williams, who worked at a daycare part-time, has nothing left. She found herself trying to explain to her children why they couldn't go home.

"With my 7-year-old, I just told him that our house had burned down and we were going to have to find somewhere else to stay," said Williams.

She says she has no other choice but to start over with nothing.

Williams has three children, ages 2, 4, and 7.

If you are interested in helping the family, you can contact Nicki Williams at (903) 934-1493

Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

105 West Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702

FCC Public File
publicfile@kltv.com
903-597-5588
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KLTV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.