GILMER, TX (KLTV) - An Upshur County house was heavily damaged in an early morning fire, Monday.
Just before 7:00 a.m., as Tim Swisher was getting ready for work, he discovered a fire in the electrical room of his family's home in the 11,000 block of FM 1650, in Gilmer.
He and his father, Neal Swisher, got water from the pool and extinguished the fire in the electrical room. However, after going back upstairs, he noticed the smoke on the second floor of the house. " At that point, I knew it was in the walls," said Tim.
He and his father quickly got everyone else out of the house and salvaged as many items as possible before smoke overtook the entire house.
The house, which belongs to his parents, Neal and Kay Swisher, was almost a complete loss, but no one was injured in the fire.