Burned home in Flint, leaves man in shed for Christmas - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Burned home in Flint, leaves man in shed for Christmas

By Annette Falconer –email

FLINT, TX (KLTV) - Veteran Ted English lost everything he owned when his house in Flint, went up in flames.  After loading his wood burning stove, and then going outside to do yard work, English heard a popping sound.  He looked up to see smoke coming out of his roof.  English believes one of the doors on the stove wasn't closed all the way, causing one of the logs to come out onto the ground.

With no insurance on the home, Ted is left to clean up his property, and replace anything he can with his own money.  Problem is, English has no money, no job, and even though he has disability issues, he currently has no income coming from the government. 

English is looking for any help he can get from his community.  If you would like to help English in cleaning his property, or even donating money, food, or clothes, you can find English at his home.  He lives in the shed next to his burned home at the address of 16874 Lakeview Drive, Flint, Texas.  (Near intersection of Eastern Hills Drive and Lakeview Drive).

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly