Longview man dies in Monday morning fire

LONGVIEW (KLTV) - Longview fire crews investigated a fatal fire, Monday morning.

The fire broke out in a travel trailer, just before 5:00 this morning in the 200 block of Lynnwood Lane.

62-year-old Ronald Clark Smith was killed in the fire.

Longview Fire Marshal,  Johnny Zachary said, "This fire was caused by a space heater too close to combustibles, a couch. We do want to caution people as it gets cold, it's going to get cold again this evening, make sure you have plenty of space from any type of heater whether its gas, electric, or even your furnace. "

Officials say the travel trailer was fully involved when they arrived.

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.