Turkey fryer sparks blaze in Chandler Community Center - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Turkey fryer sparks blaze in Chandler Community Center

By Morgan Chesky - bio | email

CHANDLER, TX (KLTV) - Chandler officials say a turkey fryer is the cause of an early afternoon fire in the joint Chandler - Brownsboro Community center in downtown Chandler.

Chamber of Commerce Chairman Dennis Mack says the fire broke out around 12:30 PM this afternoon. Chandler Fire Department responded to find heavy smoke leaving the building and flames inside a garage area where a family reunion had been using a turkey fryer.

Mack says firefighters had the flames under control in less than half an hour. No one was injured but the building's interior received extensive smoke damage and a partially caved in ceiling.

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly