BIG SANDY, TX (KLTV) - For nearly a week, doctors with Children's Medical Center in Dallas worked to save Britnee Mount's life.
Mount, 16, died Tuesday from a possible drug overdose. Her parents said they were blind sided by the entire situation.
"If [her friends] would have come to us, immediately, her life could have been saved," said Wendy Tolliver, Mount's mother.
Tolliver and her husband, Brodrick McCleveland, said they spoke with their daughter about drugs in the past.
"[We are] trying our best to cope with this and hold on," said McCleveland.
Tolliver said she first heard the name Ashley Williamson, Thursday night while watching news reports of the incident. Big Sandy Police arrested Williamson, 17, after the teenager admitted giving Mount morphine pills at Big Sandy High School.
Mount's parents said their daughter's friends were aware that some pills had changed hands. We're told some of those students were told they were diet pills.
"[Britnee] would never take something that would harm her," said Tolliver. "She would never do anything like that."
Mount was rushed to the hospital the day after celebrating her mother's birthday.
"She had to be the first person to wake me up and tell me how much she loved me," said Tolliver.
Tolliver and McCleveland said their daughter regularly took medication for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD. The family strongly believes that medication, combined with whatever else was in Mount's system was too much for the teenager.
"The house is too quiet," said McCleveland.
Tolliver said her daughter was outgoing and loved everyone. "She loved life," she said.
The family hopes its loss leads to learning.
"Don't be afraid to talk to anybody," said McCleveland. "If the friends know something that's going on, tell a grown up. Tell the parents about it."
Britnee's funeral arraignments are set for Saturday at 1:00 p.m. inside the Jarvis Christian College chapel.