Fire Destroys Pritchett Home

A Thursday morning fire destroyed the Pritchett home of Robert and Eva Johnston, married 56 years.  They had lived in the home for the last 33 years and it was gone in minutes. A Pearl Harbor navy veteran, Johnston lost every souvenir, every memento of his past. He's left with only what his grandchildren could filter out of the ashes. Units from Gilmer and Pritchett Fire Departments tried their best to save the home, but could not get enough water to the scene. The probable cause-- faulty wiring.