LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - Released by the Longview Police Department:
LONGVIEW, TX - On September 22, 2010 the Longview Police Department, partnering with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) and Longview Partners in Prevention, conducted off-premise and on-premise minor stings at area retailers to validate compliance with Texas law prohibiting the sale of alcohol to minors.
43 different alcohol retailers were checked by the undercover team. Of those 43 retailers, ten of them sold alcohol to the undercover minors. The locations that sold to minors were:
- 522 W. Marshall Avenue – Don's
- 1929 Hwy 80 East – Tiger Mart of Longview
- 518 Loop 281 East – Wing Stop
- 2002 Judson Road – GZ Social Club
- 701 S. Eastman Road – Kwick Food Mart
- 101 Loop 281 West – Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
- 301 Loop 281 West – Dudley's Cajun Café
- 514 S. Eastman Road – Easy Access
- 1001 Young Street – Cowboy's # 13
- 1442 McCann Road – El Sombrero
At these locations the individuals that sold alcohol to the undercover minor were listed in offense reports for "making alcohol available to a minor". This offense is a class A misdemeanor and the reports will be filed with the Gregg County District Attorney's Office for prosecution. In addition, the TABC issued administrative citations to each business.
The 33 locations that did not sell alcohol to the undercover minors are: