Police seek 3rd suspect in Tyler PCS robbery

Photo Source: Tyler PD
Photo Source: Tyler PD

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Released by the Tyler Police Department:

UPDATE #2 09-23-2010

Tyler police are seeking the whereabouts of a third suspect involved in the Aggravated Robbery of Metro PCS business.  The Suspect is identified as Markest Montrel Mason, B/M, 07/25/1991, also of Dallas, Texas.  Judge Baker has issued an arrest warrant for Mason and set his bond at $500.000 dollars.  Mason is believed to be in the Dallas area to elude police.

Anyone with information about the suspects involved in this crime are urged to contact the Tyler Police Department, at 903-531-1000, or Crimestoppers, at 903-597-CUFF (903-597-2833).  Crimestoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to the arrest and charges filed against the suspects in this case, or any, felony case.

UPDATE #1 09-22-2010

On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 Tyler Police arrested two suspects involved in the Aggravated Robbery case at (Metro PCS), located at1700 SSE Loop 323.

Arrested were Cashton Taylor JONES, B/M, age 19 of Dallas, Texas and Jason Cornelius CONNALLY, B/M, age 19 also of Dallas, Texas.  The suspects were located at 3088 Old Omen Road at the time of the arrest.

Both Jones and Connally were  booked into the Smith County Jail on an Aggravated Robbery Warrant.  Bond was set at $450.000 on Jones and $400.000 on Connally.


On Sep. 21, 2010 at 1713 Hrs., TPD Officers' responded to the report of an Aggravated Robbery at 1700 SSE Loop 323 Ste. 290 (Metro PCS).

Upon arrival Officers determined that two Black Male suspects entered the business and one of the suspects produced a handgun demanding money. There was one employee inside the business with no other customers in the store. The suspects ordered the employee to the rear of the business. The suspects then took an undetermined amount of currency from the register and fled the scene. No injuries were reported in the robbery.

Both suspects were described as 18-19 years of age. One suspect was approximately 5'10" and the other 6' – 6'2". The suspects fled the scene south on foot, this incident is under investigation.