- A.A. Degree - Alvin Junior College (1966-1968)
- Pre-Med - University of Texas at Austin (1968-1970).
- Medical Degree - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas (1970-1974).
- Internship - Department of Internal Medical University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas (1974-1975)
- Basic Science Course in Ophthalmology - University of Texas Houston Science Center Houston, Texas (1979)
- Residency (Ophthalmology) - University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas (1978-1981).
- Certification - Diplomate American Board of Ophthalmology, 1982
- DeHaven Eye Clinic / DeHaven Surgical Center since March 1999.
- Attending Staff, ETMC Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Texas
- Courtesy Staff, Department of Ophthalmology, Trinity Valley Medical Center, Palestine, Texas
- Operational Flight Surgeon , Third Marine Air Wing, Marine Corp Air Station, El Toro, California (1976)
- Aerospace Medical Institute, Pensacola, Florida Course in Aerospace Medicine and Physiology Designated Naval Flight Surgeon. (1975)
Mu Delta Honorary Medical Society, November 1972
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Cherokee County Medical Society
Steinkuller, PG, Kelly, M, Sands, S., Barber, J: Vibrio Parahaemolyticus Endophthalmitis J Pred Ophthal. 1980, Vol 17, Page 150-153