Workers with cutting torch accidentally set fire to house - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Workers with cutting torch accidentally set fire to house

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Officials say workers who were using a cutting torch accidentally caused a fire which destroyed a model home in east Charlotte Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the 12200 block of Scott Creek Drive in the Newell community just after 4 p.m.

According to Charlotte Fire Department Spokesman Rob Brisley, it took 35 firefighters about 30 minutes to bring the massive fire under control.

Officials have ruled the fire accidental in nature.  It was caused by air conditioning contractors who were using a cutting torch at the rear of the home. 

A real estate worker who was inside the home was able to escape without injury.

The entire house was destroyed and is valued at $250,000.

Copyright 2010 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly