Cigarette lighter blamed for house fire

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - Four children and their mother escape a fire Monday morning at their home on the 1100 block of 10th Street.

The Longview Fire Department says their mother heard the smoke alarm around 9:00 a.m. She ran next door to a neighbor's home who helped make sure the children made it out of the fire. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Late Monday, investigators said they believe the fire was started when one of the children was playing with a cigarette lighter.

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.