UPDATE: East Texan badly burned while cooking dies - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

UPDATE: East Texan badly burned while cooking dies

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

UPDATE 12:49 PM 08/27/10 - According to Johnny Zackary, Interim Fire Marshal with the Longview Fire Department, the burn victim has died of her injuries at a Dallas Hospital.

Released by the Longview Fire Department:

LONGVIEW, TX - At or around 1209 PM Longview Fire Department responded to 1805 Paver Stone.

The 2nd and 3rd degree burns covered approximately 60% of the body. The call came in as a medical alert button activation which notified the family. On arrival crews and investigators determined that clothing had caught fire at or near the electric cook top where the victims clothes burned completely off. The victim had managed to ambulate to the bed room which was about 15 feet away from where the burn occurred.

The victim was the only person at the residence at the time of the incident.

Longview Fire Department transported to Good Shepherd Medical Center. The fire victim was then flown to Parkland Dallas.

Powered by Frankly