Funeral service held for EMT who died of carbon monoxide poisoning

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - Funeral services were held in Longview Thursday for White Oak EMT, Casey Steenland.

Steenland died when she fell asleep near a carbon monoxide leak in the White Oak Champion ambulance station.

A group of fellow workers and emergency vehicles led her funeral procession Thursday afternoon.

Those who knew Casey say she was excited to become a person East Texans depended on in times of need.

"Casey's family was honored very much in it," said Mike Brittain, a Harleton firefighter. "Her life was honored. They spoke about her joy in her heart. She had faith in God and trust in the Lord."

Good Shepherd Medical Center has set up a fund in Casey's name. You can mail donations to Good Shepherd Foundation, 700 East Marshall Avenue, Longview, TX 75601.

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.