Police Investigate Families Murder As A Possible Murder-Suicide

Authorities continue their probe into a possible double murder-suicide in Rusk. Police say Runny (pronounced by family as Ronnie) Session (39), wife Tracy, and their 16 year old son, Randy, died about 12 hours before their bodies were found Wednesday night.

The families' oldest daughter, LaRonda Moore (18) sent for help after spotting trails of blood inside her parents' home through a window.

Investigators believe the mother and her teenage son died from multiple stab wounds. The husband, Runny Session was found next to his wife with an apparent cut to the throat. Detectives also found two blood-stained kitchen knives in the couple's bedroom.

Police say Session has a documented history of both mental illness and violence. His criminal record in Rusk spans 23 years and includes 17 arrests. Assistant Police Chief Roy Cavazoz describes Session's wrap sheet as a collection of misdemeanor crimes. Just a year ago, the department arrested him for the aggravated assault of his nephew.

   Session has also spent time at a state hospital, according to daughter LaRonda Moore. Relatives and Chief Cavazoz say it's possible Session stopped taking some of his medications before the deaths.

   Session had a Thursday appointment scheduled at Access, a mental outreach program in Jacksonville, according to relatives. His body was found the night before.

"He often said he couldn't wait," says Session's brother-in-law Henry Ervin Jr. "I think he said that to one of his sisters."

Access was unable to comment on the story Wednesday due to patient confidentiality laws.

While authorities await official autopsy results, family members wonder if something could have prevented the tragedy. One of the first red flags came Saturday when Session summoned Rusk Police to his home.

"The officer asked him, 'Runny, do you feel like you need to be in the state hospital,'" recalls Assistant Chief Cavazoz. "He says, 'No, I don't feel like I need to be in the state hospital, I just don't need to be here."

Cavazoz says with no direct threats reported to the police, there was nothing they could legally do.

"We did not receive any calls from family members, saying he was threatening people," recalls Cavazoz. "Had we received those calls, then you know there's a possibility we could have started an emergency commitment."

Session's brother-in-law, Henry Ervin says his family is letting police finish their investigation and waiting for some closure.

"It's three victims," says Ervin. "I feel three victims lost their life here."

   Kerri Panchuk, reporting.