MINEOLA, TX (KLTV) - Released by the Mineola Volunteer Fire Department:
MINEOLA, TX - Mineola Volunteer Fire Department will be hosting our first ever Pink Heals Day. It is scheduled for Sat Oct 23, 2010 at the Mineola Civic Center from 10 AM – 4 PM.
Pink Heals is a non-profit organization that helps to raise awareness as well as a way to raise funds to be used to help the women of our community with their fight against cancer. There are several ways that you may help.
- Join us at 7 AM on October 23rd for the Pink Pancake Breakfast at the Mineola Civic Center sponsored by Mineola Community Bank.
- We are looking for food and craft vendors, there will not be a charge for booth set up we just ask that 20% of your proceeds from that day be donated to the Mineola Volunteer Fire Department Pink Heals Fund.
- Order your Pink T-Shirt for a $20.00 donation. They are available from Donyale, Sandi, Mineola City Hall or The Chamber of Commerce.
- If you can't do a booth at the civic center but would like to help we suggest Pink Plate specials, Pink Tag sales, Pink item sales, or any other think PINK ideas that you may have, we will welcome any donation that you would like to make.
- Enter our Car / Motorcycle show Entry is $20.00 Registration is 8 AM to 12 PM Contact Rusty Morris at 903-571-9570 for more info.
- Buy a raffle ticket for a handmade pink quilt or a backpack picnic basket tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.00.
- Donate an item or a gift certificate for door prizes and goody bags.
The Pink Fire trucks will be here for cancer survivor signatures. We will have Cancer Survivor Guest Speakers, Live Entertainment, Pumper Races, Games and much more. But most importantly come out and support your Fire Department while they support HER fight against Cancer across the country by wearing HER color PINK. All of our proceeds will be split between ETMC and Trinity Mother Frances Cancer Centers.