LONGVIEW,TX (KLTV) - An outpouring of sympathy has begun after the death of a White Oak E.M.T trainee from a terrible accident yesterday.
Flags in White Oak are flying half-staff today, and people fro the community have begun to place memorial flowers at the Champion EMS building, a day after the death of 33 year old E.M.T. Casey Steenland. The mother of four had been in training with Champion since January and was looking forward to a career helping people. Officials say Steenland died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Good Shepherd Medical Center has told us the two other E.M.T's who were hospitalized from the incident, have been released. Good Shepherd Medical Center has set up a fund in Casey's name.
You can mail donations to Good Shepherd Foundation at 700 East Marshall Avenue, Longview Texas, 75601.
Another fund has been set up for Steenland's children. You can make donations to Texas Bank and Trust under the following account name: Kimberly K. Griffin for benefit of Casey Steenland.