Pet dies in Tyler house fire - KLTV.com - Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |ETX News

Pet dies in Tyler house fire

TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Tyler fire fighters responded to a home fully engulfed in flames just after 9 a.m. Thursday. It happened in the 1200 block of West Second Street.

Fire officials say to women were asleep in the home when one of them awoke to the smell of smoke. Both women were able to escape the burning home, but their pet dog died.

Fire officials believe the fire may have started near the house's entertainment center.

Copyright 2010 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly