TYLER, TX (KLTV) - TYLER, TX (KLTV) - The fire at a town home and apartment complex located at 325 Raintree has been put out. It did not take firefighters long to respond and get the blaze under control.
Jeff Tucker with the Tyler Fire Department says the cause is believed to stem from a maintenance job on one of the units earlier. Some piping in a wall connected to a faucet had been sautered. Tucker believes some of the insulation in the home may have caught on fire during the process. He says the emergency call came in around 4, but they believe the fire may have been smoldering since 12 p.m. or 1 p.m.
Reedie Busby, the home's occupant, discovered the fire and called it in.
Officials say three town home type units were affected by the fire, but fire damage was contained to the back of only one of the units.
No one was injured.