Released by the DPS:
A member of the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted was arrested on Friday in Austin after a tipster called the Texas Crime Stoppers Hotline with information about his location.
Fernando Gutierrez Hernandez, 56, had been believed to be in the Houston area, but a tip placed him in Austin, where DPS agents and Austin Police Department officers were able to arrest him without incident at a residence in North Austin.
The amount of the reward for locating Hernandez had increased from $1,000 to $5,000 in early April. This was the first arrest of a Top 10 Most Wanted fugitive since the rewards were increased. The Governor's Criminal Justice Division supplied the additional funding for the higher rewards. Rewards may vary for each fugitive, although all current Top 10 rewards now stand at $5,000.
Here is a list of the remaining Top 10 Fugitives:
- Robert Barrera Jr., DOB 9-26-82, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation.
- George Felix Deleon, DOB 11-16-69, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for parole violation. Deleon's criminal history includes convictions for arson, aggravated assault and homicide.
- Binus Jackson IV, DOB 7-31-68, last known address: Waco. Wanted for two counts of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and robbery by threat.
- Gwen Komahcheet, DOB 9-17-50, last known address: Spring. Wanted for aggravated rape with a deadly weapon and failure to register as a sex offender.
- Gaspar E. Loya III, DOB 6-20-74, last known address: Weslaco. Wanted for indecency with a child, burglary, failure to register as a sex offender, escape and unlawful flight.
- Rene Morales Munoz, DOB 12-19-67, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
- Leeroy Suarez, DOB 6-2-83, last known address: New Braunfels. Wanted for homicide, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful flight.
- Ngoc Van Tran, DOB 6-8-70, last known address: Amarillo. Wanted for murder, delivery of a controlled substance and burglary of a habitation.
- Richard Zuniga, DOB 10-24-79, last known address: San Elizario-El Paso County. Wanted for capital murder in El Paso in 2009 and has been a fugitive since then. His criminal history includes aggravated assault with a gun and drug possession. He is a known gang affiliate.
For more information on specific fugitives or the crimes they are accused of, please contact the local police department in the area where the fugitive was last seen.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of any of these fugitives should call 1-800-252-TIPS (8477). The Crime Stoppers hotline is open 24 hours a day. You do not have to give your name when calling. DPS urges caution around these fugitives; any fugitive should be considered armed and dangerous.